Crock Pot corned beef and cabbage is an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
- 1 corned beef brisket
- 5–6 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 small head cabbage cut into wedges
- 3 large russet potatoes, roughly chopped | sub unpeeled gold or red potatoes
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cups water
- Seasoning packet that comes with the brisket
- Throw all of the vegetables into the bottom of the Crock Pot
- Place the brisket on top of the vegetables and sprinkle the seasoning packet on top of the brisket
- Pour 4 cups of water over the vegetables and brisket
- Cook for 6 hours on high
- Remove the brisket to cool on a platter before slicing
Depending on how big your Crock Pot is you may not be able to fit all of the vegetables into it. Just make sure the vegetables cover the bottom and you can secure the lid.
*Notice there is no salt in this recipe? That’s because corned beef has already been curing in salt so there’s no need to add more!
We tossed our cooked vegetables in a tiny bit of vinegar to brighten the flavors if you want to give it a try!
- Category: Dinner