Looking for a delicious dinner recipe? This better than takeout honey sesame chicken recipe is a must!
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Oil for frying | vegetable, peanut or canola
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
Sesame seeds for garnish
- Whisk together the milk and an egg in a bowl and blend the flour and salt in another bowl.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in the milk and egg mixture, then toss it into the flour mixture and set the floured chicken aside until your are ready for frying.
- Heat up enough oil to come about halfway up a heavy bottom cast iron skillet or Dutch oven to 350 degrees.
- Working in two batches, fry the pieces of chicken for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Let the fried chicken cool on a wired wrack.
- Mix together the honey, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and ground ginger for the sauce and drizzle over the fried chicken and serve immediately.
This sauce is a little spicy.
For baking, heat oven to 450 degrees and bake for 10-15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Serve this chicken on its own or with rice and vegetables.
This technically should serve four people, but realistically it serves about two because it's so good!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: sesame chicken, honey chicken, dinner ideas, better than take out, Chinese food, chicken recipes, chicken breast recipes