These easy homemade crab cakes are seriously the best. Be sure to use real crab meat and not imitation to ensure maximum deliciousness.
- 1/2 lb special, backfin, lump or claw crab meat, check for any shell fragments
- 3 Tablespoons Panko breadcrumbs, plus 1/2 cup more for coating the cakes
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for pan frying
Serve with lemon slices and Homemade Tartar Sauce
- In a large bowl mix together the crab meat, 3 tablespoons of Panko breadcrumbs, green onion, egg, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning and black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into four equal patties, and cover each with the remaining 1/2 cup of Panko breadcrumbs to form a crust.
- Heat up 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Fry each cake for 3-5 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown. As the pan gets hotter, it will take less time to fry.
- Serve with lemon slices and homemade tartar sauce.
You may be surprised this recipe has no salt. It actually doesn't need it! The crab is salty enough and the lemon garnish provides enough acidity to balance out the richness of these cakes.
- Category: Dinner