Pitas were meant for fajitas. These will change your mind about using tortillas! This is a copycat recipe that use to be on the Chili's menu, but they discontinued it!
- 4 clove of garlic, smashed*
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Chicken breast or flank steak
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers*, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 packages of mini Naan, usually come in a 4 pack
- Blossom Sauce
- Sour Cream
- 1 large Ziploc bag
- 1 grill pan
- 1 large skillet
- Start with the marinade. Place the garlic, lime juice, oil, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and pepper in a large Ziploc bag. Add the chicken or steak to the same bad with the marinade. Close the bag, and get as much air out as possible. Mush the chicken around to make sure the marinade is covering the chicken. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken or steak is marinating, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high. Add the peppers and onion to the hot pan. Cook down the peppers and onions for around 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Heat up a separate grill pan to medium high. Once the chicken or steak has finished marinating place each piece on the grill pan, and cook until desired temperature is reached.
- For chicken be sure to cook it through (about 15 minutes each side depending on how thick the breasts are). For the steak it depends on what temperature you like. I like medium rare, so I cooked it about 8-10 minutes each side.
- Warm up the Naan bread on the stove, oven, or microwave. Then assemble the pitas with whatever garnishes you like!
*No need to cut the garlic up! Just smash it with a knife. The marinade portion is for either the chicken or the steak. You will need to double it if you are making both!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins