Looking for a healthy chicken pita recipe? This easy copycat chicken caesar pita is a must. The idea to make these easy pitas came from an old item on the Chili's menu from a few years back.
This chicken pita can be made in less than thirty minutes and makes a great healthy lunch or dinner. Use store bought naan or pita bread and a bottle of Caesar dressing (we love Cardini's) as a shortcut for those busy week nights.
The chicken breasts are tossed in blackened seasoning then grilled on the stove top in a matter of twenty minutes. The blackened seasoning adds a nice spicy flavor and complements the cool caesar dressing perfectly.
How do you make Copycat Chicken Caesar Pitas?
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, salt and Italian seasoning.
- Place the chicken carefully into the hot pan, cook for around 10 minutes on one side, flip the chicken over to cook through for another 10 minutes (until the internal temperature is at least 165 F) then let cool.
- Pour a bag of chopped romaine lettuce into a large bowl along with the Parmesan cheese and toss in the Caesar dressing.
- Warm the pitas or naan in the microwave for a few seconds then top them with the Caesar salad, chopped blackened chicken, extra parmesan and black pepper.
You could serve this chicken Caesar pita with some oven fries, roasted vegetables, pasta salad or even a bag of chips if you need something really quick!
If you love this recipe, I would love to know! You can rate this recipe, leave a comment, or tag a photo on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here's the recipe:Print
Looking for more chicken recipes? Check these out: