Classic Twice Baked Potatoes are a staple side dish recipe everyone should have in their recipe collection. This simple version will make any dinner feel special.
- 4 Idaho potatoes (for 6 halves/servings)
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon, fried and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Rub olive oil and salt all over the outside of the whole potatoes. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour (or until the center is soft.)
- Let the potatoes cool. Then cut them into halves. Scoop out the middle of each half into a large mixing bowl. Add the melted butter, sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, chives, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix everything together to make the filling.
- Scoop the filling into the halved potato skins. I make an extra potato so the filling is overflowing (that's why we made 4 baked potatoes for 6 servings).
- Bake again for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish