This super fast chicken taco dinner is great for those night you don't feel like cooking!
- 1 package chicken breast
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup jarred or fresh salsa
- In a large skillet with a lid, place the chicken in an even layer.
- Pour the enchilada sauce and salsa over the chicken.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid.
- Check the chicken after ten minutes to see if it is cooked through. If you have thick chicken breast it could take a 3-5 more minutes. Be careful not to over cook the chicken (it will get tough).
- Once cooked through remove the chicken and shred (or chop) it. Then add back into the sauce to keep moist.
You could use green enchilada sauce and salsa verde for a green chile chicken filling. Use this chicken for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, chimichangas...the options are endless!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner