Chicken Cordon Bleu is a classic meal perfect for any day of the week. It looks complicated, but it really not that bad. The combination of the nutty swiss cheese, salty, ham, and crunchy crust will leave you wanting seconds!
Here's how to make Chicken Cordon Bleu:
- Start by butterflying four chicken breasts. How do you butterfly chicken? Simple. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the chicken breast length wise but not all the way through! Leave about an inch then open the breast up so it lays flat.
2. Next pound the chicken breast until it's 1/4" thick.
3. Add some sliced ham and swiss cheese, and roll it all up.
(You can also fold the chicken in half if it's too small to roll up.)
4. Secure the chicken with some toothpicks.
5. Press some Italian seasoned breadcrumbs all over the chicken.
6. Pan fry in some butter and olive oil for 15-20 minutes, let cool, take out the toothpicks, and serve!
DO NOT forget to take out the toothpicks! That's the last thing you want to bite into. I found it easier to push them out rather than pulling them.
Here are some ingredients you could add or swap out:
- If you want to make it Keto, swap out the breadcrumb for crushed up pork rinds
- Add some frozen spinach (thawed and dried thoroughly) for some green
- Swap out the swiss cheese for cheddar or any other cheese
What are some side dishes for Chicken Cordon Bleu?
If you love this recipe, I would love to know! You can rate this recipe and leave a comment below. If you take a picture tag me on Instagram @hungrywaitress! Here?s the recipe:Print