Cheesy Jalape?o Cornbread is a great side dish. It pairs well with beans and rice or chili. This cornbread is sweet, cheesy, savory and spicy! I love it.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled jalape?os, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl (flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder). Mix the dry ingredients together. Add in the wet ingredients (egg, buttermilk, oil, and creamed corn). Mix everything together. Then add the cheddar cheese and jalape?os. Mix together again, and the pour into a skillet or 8x8 baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until the top has browned. You can also test the cornbread by sticking a knife or toothpick in it. If the knife/toothpick comes out clean, the cornbread is done.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Category: Side Dish