These cheesy grits are the perfect hangover cure (or if you are actually sick).
- 1 cup Quick Grits
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cheese
- 2 eggs, poached, fried or soft boiled
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper, optional
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium sauce pan that has a lid. Slowly stir in the grits.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 cup of cheese and stir until melted. Garnish with poached, fried, or a soft boiled egg and a dash of cayenne pepper.
I like cheddar cheese, but you can use any cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner