These cheesy artichoke brats were a hit for my family growing up. They would make an appearance in the week night dinner rotation often. My mom came up with them on a whim. They are a life saver if you need food now!
I have been practicing my food photography non stop these days. I was over at my mom's shooting some pitas, and I wanted to try the "bite" picture. The pictures turn out really well, so naturally when I got home I told Nolan all about it.
He looked at me totally serious and says, "Babe you know I have the perfect bites." I was like, "What? What does that mean? The perfect bites?"
He goes on to tell me when he was little his friends would always comment on how his bites looked like cartoon bites (they were so perfect)... So are you ready... Here is the "professional" bite from Nolan:
I hate to say it, but I think he could do this for a living...
Here is how to make the sandwich, after all that's why you came to this post!
Start by slapping some mayonnaise and mustard (I like Dijon) on some hoagie rolls and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place the artichokes strategically... then add whatever shredded cheese is around.
Melt the cheese in an oven at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. While the bread is in the oven, grill up some brats on the stove. I have a grill pan, but a regular pan would work too.
These are oozy, cheesy goodness. Just wait a few minutes before biting into the brats so you don't sear off the inside of your mouth with the scolding hot juices (like I did).
Cheesy Artichoke Brat Sandwiches
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
These brats are an easy week night meal for people on the go.
- 5 hoagie rolls
- 5 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 5 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can artichokes, drained
- 2 cups of shredded cheese, any kind will work
- 1 package of original brats
- 1 large sheet pan
- 1 skillet or grill pan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan to medium high heat, and start cooking the brats.
- Lay the hoagie rolls open faced on a sheet pan. Slather 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon of mustard on each roll.
- Disperse the salt, pepper, and garlic powder evenly over all of the hoagie rolls.
- Place equal amount of artichokes on each role, and then top with as much cheese as you want.
- Bake the rolls for around 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Once the brats have cooked through (around 20 minutes) and cooled a little, enjoy them in this cheesy artichoke roll!
The ultimate dilemma is that there will be an extra hoagie roll since they come in packages of six. Why not just make six cheesy artichoke rolls, and eat the extra without the brat? That's what I end up doing...
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
Leave a Reply