This Cajun Salmon recipe is pan fried and comes together in under 30 minutes for a quick weeknight meal.
Cajun Spice Blend (Makes enough for 4 fillets)
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces of salmon
- 1/2 cup Cajun spice blend
- Mix together the Cajun Spice Blend, and rub a generous amount on the top of each salmon fillet.
- Heat some olive oil in a large pan until it's shimmering, and place the fillet's SKIN SIDE UP so the seasoned part hits the oil first. Careful ... the oil does splatter and pop a bit.
- Let the salmon sizzle and blacken for roughly 2-3 minutes* and carefully flip each piece over for another 3-4 minutes* (or longer if you like it well done!) to finish cooking.
- Serve immediately.
*Cooking time varies greatly depending on the thickness of your salmon. The best way to get consistent results is to use a meat thermometer.
- Rare Salmon: Less than 120 degrees F
- Medium-Rare Salmon: 125 degrees F to 130 degrees F
- Medium Salmon: 135 degrees F to 140 degrees F
- Well-Done Salmon: 145 degrees F
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: cajun salmon, easy recipe, dinner recipe, weeknight meal, salmon recipe