Broccoli Salad is the best for a picnic side, barbecue side, or grill out side dish. The simple salad is basically a Cole slaw with bacon, cheese, and yummy pecans.
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup mayo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 9 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- In a medium bowl mix together the dressing ingregients (mayo, apple cider vinegar, sugar, lemon, salt, and pepper).
- In a large bowl, toss together the broccoli, cheddar cheese, bacon, red onion, dried cranberries, and pecans.
- Pour the dressing into the broccoli combination and toss until everything is coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can make this the night before, but leave out the pecans and bacon to toss in right before serving (otherwise they will loose their crunch).
This salad will last in the fridge for about two days.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli salad, side dish recipe