Bolognese is a fancy meat sauce. I change it up using chorizo, bacon, and heavy cream. This meal has rich flavors that will leave you completely satisfied.
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or dried margarom
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 cups red wine
- 3 cups of beef stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Parpardelle noodle or fettuccine noodles
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1 large pot with a lid
- Heat up a large pot over medium high. Start by cutting up the bacon strips into small pieces. Place the bacon into the hot pot, and brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and ground beef to the hot pot and break into pieces. Once the meat has browned add the garlic, carrot, celery, and onion to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are soft (around 3-4 minutes).
- Add the bay leaves, oregano or margarom, thyme, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to the meat mixture. Stir for 1-2 minutes, then add the tomato paste and continue stirring.
- Once the tomato paste is thoroughly combined into the meat/vegetable mixture, add the red wine. Cook the red wine down for around 5 minutes.
- When the wine has reduced down, add the beef stock and bring to a slight boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 1/2- 2 hours. Turn off the heat, and pour in the heavy cream.
- Serve over your favorite pasta noodles. Pile on some Parmesan and enjoy!
I use parpardelle noodles, but you can use any noodle you like!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins