30 Minute Mushroom Orzo Risotto is a creamy dinner recipe or side dish recipe. The meaty mushroom are a perfect compliment to this velvety pasta.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb (16 oz) orzo pasta
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cups grated Parmesan
- Heat up 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium high and add the onions, mushroom, garlic, salt and pepper stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the dry orzo to the pan and stir constantly for around 2 minutes to toast the pasta.
- Pour 2 cups of broth into the pot and continue to stir making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- After the liquid has been absorbed, add 3 more cups and keep stirring occasionally until the liquid has absorbed for around 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the Parmesan cheese to the pasta.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: One Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: orzo, mushroom, pasta recipe, orzo recipe