30 Minute Mushroom Orzo Risotto is a creamy dinner recipe or side dish recipe. The meaty mushroom are a perfect compliment to this velvety pasta. I am in love with this quick and easy risotto.
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 heaping Tablespoon garlic, diced
- 2 cups orzo pasta (1 box)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium sauce pan, heat up the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium high. Add the onions and mushroom, and stir for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garlic, and orzo into the pot. Stir constantly for 2 minutes to toast the pasta. Pour 2 cups of broth into the pot and continue to stir making sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
- After the liquid has been absorbed add 2 more cups (it took around 2 minutes for mine). Keep stirring occasionally until the liquid has absorbed (around 10 minutes). Add the last 2 cups of broth and keep stirring occasionally until the liquid has been absorbed by the pasta (another 10 minutes or so).
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese and lemon zest to the risotto. Taste for more salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.