Roasted sweet potatoes are about the only way I will eat a sweet potato. I have never liked those super sweet casseroles with sugar on top, or even just a steam sweet potato. Gross. But something magical happens when you roast them. They caramelize or something. I even like them burnt because I swear they taste like marshmallows (Nolan does not think so…).
These Zesty Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries are my go to when I am making burgers (or any kind of sandwich). They are also great alongside chicken tenders! Really they are amazing with any dinner…or lunch..
They key is in the seasoning. Now feel free to just use salt and pepper, but I like to spice mine up a bit. Really it’s just taco seasoning…
All you do to make oven baked sweet potato fries is:
- Chop the potatoes into wedges
- Place on a baking sheet
- Toss them with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and seasonings
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes
- Flip the wedges over
- Bake to finish for another 15-20 minutes
Easy! I like mine pretty crispy (aka burnt) so I cook them a little longer.
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries FAQ:
How do you make sweet potato fries crispy?
Make sure you don’t crowd the sheet pan. Use two pans if necessary. When you crowd the pan the sweet potatoes will steam instead of roasting and not get crispy.
Zesty Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Zesty Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries are a healthy side dish recipe. The combination of sweet and spicy will make your taste buds happy.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Cuisine: Side
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into wedges
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss everything on a baking sheet thoroughly. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the potatoes around, and cook for another 15 minutes. For extra crispy fries cook an additional 5-10 minutes.