“Too Tired To Cook” Enchilada Casserole
“Too Tired To Cook” Enchilada Casserole is a great throw together weeknight night recipe. Use rotisserie chicken, and don’t bother roll up each enchilada!
- Rotisserie Chicken Shredded off the bone, mixture of dark and light meat
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese (½ package)
- 2 16 oz jars salsa verde, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4.5 oz can of green chilis
- 16 oz package shredded mexican cheese/cheddar cheese
- 10 taco size flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the shredded chicken, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cream cheese, 1 CUP SALSA VERDE, sour cream, and green chilis.
- In a 9×13 dish pour 2-3 Tablespoons of salsa verde and spread around to cover the bottom of the dish. Place 4 tortillas in the dish. Then pour ⅓ of the creamy chicken mixture on top of the tortilla. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the chicken. Place 3 tortillas on top, and pour on about ¼ cup of salsa verde. Repeat the whole process by placing the chicken, then cheese, then tortillas, and then salsa. You should be able to get 3 layers. Finish the casserole with salsa and cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes.
*The pictures show an 8×8 dish, but the recipe is for a 9×13 dish