You know those days where you have nothing left. That was me yesterday. When I get tired I am incapable of making decisions about dinner (mainly because I don’t want to cook). That is when I turn to my easy back up recipes like this “Too Tired To Cook” Enchilada Casserole.
I pick up a rotisserie chicken, or use leftover chicken if I have it on hand. If I do NOT feel like going to the store for a rotisserie chicken I use whatever vegetables on hand.
I always crave comfort food when I am exhausted. I just want something cheesy and warm. These enchiladas hit the spot! First mix together the filling.
I use shredded rotisserie chicken, sour cream, cream cheese, salsa verde, green chilis, mixed shredded cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Then start layering…
First, pour some salsa verde in the pan and spread around…
Then place a tortilla down…
Spread the filling all over…
Sprinkle the cheese…
Top with a tortilla, and repeat 3x.
When you get to the last layer finish with some salsa and cheese.
Then all you do is bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes!
“Too Tired To Cook” Enchilada Casserole
“Too Tired To Cook” Enchilada Casserole is a great throw together weeknight night recipe. Use rotisserie chicken, and don’t bother roll up each enchilada!
- Rotisserie Chicken Shredded off the bone, mixture of dark and light meat
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese (½ package)
- 2 16 oz jars salsa verde, divided
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4.5 oz can of green chilis
- 16 oz package shredded mexican cheese/cheddar cheese
- 10 taco size flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the shredded chicken, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cream cheese, 1 CUP SALSA VERDE, sour cream, and green chilis.
- In a 9×13 dish pour 2-3 Tablespoons of salsa verde and spread around to cover the bottom of the dish. Place 4 tortillas in the dish. Then pour ⅓ of the creamy chicken mixture on top of the tortilla. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese on top of the chicken. Place 3 tortillas on top, and pour on about ¼ cup of salsa verde. Repeat the whole process by placing the chicken, then cheese, then tortillas, and then salsa. You should be able to get 3 layers. Finish the casserole with salsa and cheese.
- Bake the casserole for 30 minutes.
*The pictures show an 8×8 dish, but the recipe is for a 9×13 dish