I love a good breakfast casserole, and this Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole is so quick and easy! It’s perfect for a nice weekend breakfast or you could eat on it throughout the week! Our Kroger has these frozen Tater Rounds that are little round discs of heaven. We like them better than Tater Tots because they have more crispy surface area. If you can’t find frozen Tater Rounds regular frozen Tater Tots would work just fine.
I kept this recipe pretty simple just using eggs, cheese, and green onion (that’s all we had in the fridge!), but you could add ham, bacon or sausage to it if you’re feeling inspired.Print
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
An easy breakfast recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cheese, cheddar works well
- 1 bag frozen Tater Tots or Tater Rounds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Beat the eggs, milk, green onion, cheese, salt, and pepper together.
- Pour into a small casserole dish (8×8 would work) and place the dish on a baking sheet in case the mixture overflows while baking.
- Plop the Tater Tots into the egg mixture covering the top of the whole casserole.
- Bake for 25-30 minute or until the eggs don’t wiggle.
This is a great base recipe and is very versatile. Feel free to add cooked sausage crumbles, bacon bits, or diced ham to the egg mixture before cooking. If you add any vegetables like zucchini, spinach, or peppers be sure to drain out any excess water before adding it to the egg mixture.
Here are more of my breakfast favorites: