Steak Sandwiches with Pesto Mayonnaise
Use up your steak leftovers with these Steak Sandwiches with Pesto Mayonnaise! These sandwiches contain sauted mushrooms and onions, spinach, thinly sliced sirloin, and pesto mayonnaise!
- 4 thick slices of sour dough bread
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or Herb Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoons of store bought pesto
- 1 cup thinly sliced Grilled Sirloin, or as much as you want!
- 4 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat up a skillet to medium high.
- Pour in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, sliced mushrooms and onions.
- Cook the mushrooms and onions for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove the mushrooms and onions from the pan (your going to use this same pan to toast the bread).
- Brush the melted butter on both sides of the sour dough bread.
- Place the bread into the hot skillet (still on medium high heat).
- Toast each side of the bread for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and pesto.
- Now it’s time to build the sandwich! Start by spreading the pesto mayonnaise onto one side of the bread.
- Then put as much Grilled Sirloin as you like onto the bread.
- Top the Grilled Sirloin with provolone cheese, fresh spinach, mushrooms and onions.
- Finish with the other slice of bread and enjoy!
This is definitely not a sandwich for dieters … haha! You can also grill the bread!