Spaghetti Pie is a whimsical take on the classic spaghetti and meat sauce we all grew up with. It’s similar to a baked ziti, but uses spaghetti noodles instead. I love this cheesy comfort food dinner recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, prepared according to the package
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Spring Form Pan
- 1 large Skillet
- 1 large pot (to cook the pasta)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 1 package a spaghetti noodle according to the package. Stir 1/2 of the jar of marinara into the noodles. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place 1 lb of ground beef or turkey into the hot skillet and break it apart. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper to the meat crumbles. Stir occasionally for about 10 minutes or until the meat has browned completely. Stir in the rest of the marinara (1/2 a jar).
- Prepare the spring form pan by spraying it with some oil. Place half of the spaghetti noodles in the bottom of the pan. Then add half of the meat mixture. Top with 1 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the dried oregano over the cheese. Repeat by piling the rest of the noodles on top of the cheese. Then add the rest of the meat. Top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let the spaghetti pie cool a little before take the spring form pan apart to serve.
- Spaghetti Pie is a whimsical take on the classic spaghetti and meat sauce we all grew up with. It’s similar to a baked ziti, but uses spaghetti noodles instead. I love this cheesy comfort food dinner recipe.