Skillet Chicken with Bacon Sauce is an easy weeknight meal, but it feels luxurious. You know, like your treating yourself. It’s perfect with Roasted Vegetables. Or I plop this amazing chicken over some greens (fresh spinach works!). The pan sauce is very similar to a hot bacon dressing. I could categorize the as low carb right?
Yum. So I just got off work, and I just have to rave about our little restaurant family. I use the word family, because that’s exactly what it is. It’s crazy how close you get to your co-workers in restaurant. You all go through the same ups and down of this insane industry. It makes you close. I have learned so much from the people I work with.
The biggest lesson I have learned is to not take things personally. Somebody could be having the worst day ever, and they might take it out on you. You might get into a full on brawl (with words), and say hurtful things, but you make up and move on. That’s the definition of family (to me at least). Now here is that recipe you came here for!
Skillet Chicken with Bacon Sauce
Skillet Chicken with Bacon Mustard Sauce has every flavor you want in a dinner recipe. It’s a crispy, tangy, savory, satisfying, and most importantly easy recipe. It’s a crowd pleaser.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slabs of bacon, sliced
- 1 package of thinly sliced chicken breasts
Bacon Mustard Pan Sauce
- 1 small onion. chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mix together the flour, salt, pepper, paprika on a dinner plate.
- In a cast iron skillet heat up 1 Tablespoon of olive oil with sliced bacon. Brown the bacon for around 10 minutes. Remove the crispy bacon from the skillet.
- Cover each piece of chicken the the flour mixture, and place in the hot skillet with the bacon fat and olive oil. Fry on the chicken on each side for 5 minutes, or until cooked threw. If needed fry the chicken in batches. Place the finished chicken on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Once the chicken is finished, add the chopped onion and garlic to the pan. Stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add the flour, salt, pepper, and mustard and stir for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and thicken the sauce for 5-10 minutes. Taste the sauce for additional salt and pepper.