Skip to Recipe|Print Recipe
I eat roasted vegetables almost everyday. They are an easy, nutritious, and delicious. I usually get home from work around midnight starving. So I throw these vegetables and some marinated chicken in the oven, and I have a healthy dinner in about 40 minutes. (I prep before work).
I make a huge batch, so I can add these vegetable to other recipes during the week. I put them in quesadillas:
Or I put them over cheesy grits with an egg:
Add them to pasta. Make a vegetable wrap. Put them in an omelet for breakfast. The options are endless…
Roasted vegetables are a great, easy side dish.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dinner
- 4 cups vegetables (any vegetable works), chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Throw chopped vegetables onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Drizzle olive oil all over the vegetables thoroughly. You can use your hands to toss around to get all of the vegetable covered.
- Sprinkle the salt an pepper over vegetables, and bake for 20 minutes. Flip vegetables, and bake for another 10-20 minutes until browned.
We used butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, and mushrooms.