These are inspired by my kitty Pumpkin. We found him as a little starved kitten in my work parking lot on Halloween. He is an orange tabby, so naturally we had to name him Pumpkin. We just celebrated his 3rd birthday yesterday!
Back to the pancakes! I had some leftover pumpkin pie around, so I just dumped it into some pancake batter. Why not? I topped the pancakes with some cranberry jelly (I am not a big fan of maple syrup).
I took the edges of the crust off before I mixed the pie into the batter. You could use it as a garnish!
The cranberry sauce really completes these pancakes! You could use any kind of jam too!
Yummy! If you love pumpkin you should also check out this post from Abra’s Kitchen called Dear Pumpkin…An Ode To Pumpkin.
Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Pumpkin Pie pancakes are best served with a sweet jam or cranberry sauce. Use up that leftover Pumpkin Pie!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 12-16
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- 2 pieces pumpkin pie
- 2-3 Tablespoons of butter for the pan
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin spice, baking soda, and salt) in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the wet ingredients (egg, butter, and milk).
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl along with the two pieces of pie. Mix together until just combined (Its okay if there are a few lumps).
- Heat up a large skillet over medium high. Add 1 Tablespoon of butter to the pan. Using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake, add it to the skillet. Only three pancakes will fit at a time. Cook one side for around 2 minutes, and then flip the pancakes to cook another 2 minutes. Add fresh butter to the pan for each batch.