Pan Fried Chicken Cutlets
Chicken Cutlets are such a versatile recipe. Make them for a fast dinner recipe or for a sandwich. I love this quick and easy recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6
- Category: Dinner
- 3 chicken breasts, cut lengthwise
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- Cut each chicken breast lengthwise.
- Cover them with plastic wrap (or use a large plastic bag), and pound each of them down using a rolling pin until they are about 1/2″ thick.
- On a dinner plat mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat up 1/2 cup of olive oil in a large skillet set to medium high.
- To make sure the oil is hot enough throw a pinch of the flour mixture into the hot oil. If it sizzles it is ready to go!
- Dredge two chicken cutlets into the flour mixture, and make sure the flour is covering the chicken on both sides.
- Place two chicken cutlets into the hot oil at a time (If you have room you can do 3, but do not crowd the pan).
- Cook for 4 minutes, then flip the cutlet and cook another four minutes.
- Continue this dredging and frying process for the remaining chicken cutlets.
*This recipe makes 6 chicken cutlets, but if you are cooking for a group I would make enough for each person to have two cutlet because they are so thin.