Meatloaf with a Crispy Cracker Crust
This meatloaf is a classic comfort food.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 lbs ground beef (lean or chuck work fine)
- 1 1/2 cups medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled crackers, reserve 1/2 cup for rolling (Ritz are the best!)
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs and water.
- Form the mixture into a ball and roll it into reserved 1/2 cup of crumbled crackers.
- Pat the ball into an even loaf shape in an 8×8 dish. (Feel free to add any extra cracker crumbs to the top of the loaf!)
- Pour 3/4 cups of water around the meatloaf, then bake for 90 minutes
- Leave the loaf in the juices when serving so it doesn’t dry out!