Mash Up Quiche is a great way to use up leftover vegetable. For this quiche I had leftover hash browns, thawed frozen spinach, and a lot of mushrooms I cooked and chopped up. Yum. I also added goat cheese, feta cheese, and cheddar cheese…
You can really use anything for this quiche. All you really need is eggs, milk and a pie crust to hold everything together.
We have this for dinner or breakfast. I love the buttery pie crust for any meal. Some of my favorite combinations are
- Feta, spinach, tomato
- Hash browns, shaved ham, cheddar cheese
- Broccoli, cheddar, hash browns
- Sausage, caramelized onion, Parmesan cheese
You could really do anything. Be creative! I have even used leftover Roasted Vegetables.Print
Mash Up Quiche
Need to get rid of leftover vegetables? Chop them up and make this Mash Up Quiche. It’s a fast dinner recipe, or a great brunch recipe. The best part is you don’t have to throw away your leftovers!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast
- 1/2 cup cooked hash browns
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup cheese, any variety
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop any assortment of vegetables/hash browns/leftovers up and put them into a mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl beat 6 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, slat, pepper, and garlic powder together. Pour the egg mixture into the mashed up leftovers and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixed egg filling into the frozen pie crust and bake for 35-45 minutes. Make sure the filling does not jiggle to make sure the Quiche is cooked through.