Looking for and easy holiday appetizer? I love me some stuffed mushrooms, and these are Keto friendly, vegetarian, and super simple to make. I don’t know about your friends and family, but I always have to get creative to satisfy everyone’s dietary needs!
These Keto Stuffed Mushrooms are stuffed with cream cheese and spinach, and they are topped with crispy fried shallots. Yum!Print
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 whole mushrooms (one large package)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take the stems off the mushroom caps, and set them on a wire baking rack.
- Trim the ends off the stems and chop finely.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped stems, spinach, and salt to the hot pan and saute for 3-5 minutes until they are soft and the spinach has wilted.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a plate lined with a paper towel, and squeeze as much water as you can out of it (wait until it cools a bit!).
- Mix the dried spinach mixture into the softened cream cheese.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the cream cheese mixture (around 1 teaspoon per cap).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the caps bake place the 1/3 cup olive oil and slice shallots into a cold pan.
- Turn the temperature to medium heat and stir the shallots occasionally until they are a golden brown (takes around 8-10 minutes).
- Transfer the golden shallot to a paper towel to cool.
- When the mushrooms are finished baking top them with the crispy shallots.
Looking for more appetizer idea? Check these out: