Kale and Quinoa Salad
This Kale and Quinoa Salad is perfect for meal prepping for lunches during the week!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon honey (sub | maple syrup or sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups fresh kale
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Nuts or seeds (sunflower, cashews, toasted almonds)
- Chopped Parsley
- Chopped peppers
- Feta Cheese
- Goat Cheese
- Pour 1 cup of broth, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small pot over high heat.
- Once the liquid comes to a boil add 1/2 cup of quinoa, stir twice, cover with a lid, and turn the heat to low.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients (1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lemon, 1 Tablespoon honey, and 1/4 teaspoon salt)
- Pour 1/3 cup of the dressing into a separate bowl, and set aside for later use.
- Dump all of the kale into a huge bowl, and pour the remaining dressing (not the 1/3 cup reserved) in with the kale and massage it down using your hands for about 3-4 minutes (that’s right! Literally massage the dressing into the kale to break down the fibrous texture!).
- Add the black beans, cooked quinoa, tomatoes, dried cranberries, reserved 1/3 cup of dressing, and any addition ingredients to the bowl of massaged kale, and toss everything together.
- Serve right away, or divide into meal prep containers for later!
This salad is very durable, and gets better the longer it sits. It will last up to 4 days.