One of my favorite summer sauces is Homemade Pesto in a Blender. Why use a blender? Because I hate pulling out my food processor, and my blender is always out and ready for use (I am a lazy cook!).
My mom always plants basil in her herb garden in the summer, so she always has a ton of fresh basil to use up. The best thing about pesto though is you don’t have to just use basil. You can add spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley… the options are endless.
I love topping my pizzas with pesto, using it as a spread on sandwiches, and of course pouring it over a big bowl of pasta!Print
Homemade Pesto in a Blender
Making Homemade Pesto in a Blender is an easy way to enjoy this summery sauce. Enjoy Pesto over pasta, sandwiches, or pizza! It’s so versatile.
- 2 cups packed basil leaves, if you don’t have enough basil, you can mix in spinach or parsley
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Juice of one lemon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dump the basil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, lemon, and salt into a blender.
- Pulse the blender while slowly pouring in the olive oil.
- Blend for another 30 seconds or so, until everything is thoroughly combined.
Top this Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Zucchini and Mushroom Pasta (to make this pesto vegan just skip the Parmesan Cheese)