(I have included affiliate links to this post, so you can purchase my favorite Bento Box Meal Prep Containers. I do receive a commission from this link which will go towards more awesome content for you to enjoy!)
It’s a new year, and I am excited to get back on track! I don’t really set resolutions, but I do use this time of year to look back and note everything I have accomplished this past year. It’s crazy the amount of change that can happen in only a year! We moved into a house, I started a new job, and I continued to keep up this blog!
I am looking forward to and embracing all the change that is coming this next year! Mostly I am excited because my moms kitchen will be finished soon, and we can continue growing this crazy venture I started a year ago.
Meanwhile my waistline has gotten a little out of control. I would like to say it was the holidays, but really it started when we moved. Turns out I am a stress eater … like full on binge eater. My normal binges consist of bread, tortillas, cheese, and pasta. It’s bad.
The only way I am able to get back on track is by counting calories and avoiding white bread and pasta completely. That’s why I LOVE this healthy taco bowl.
It has a combination of ground turkey, lean ground beef, cauliflower rice, black beans, and bell peppers. I garnish it with tomatoes, salsa, cilantro, and maybe a little sour cream. This healthy taco bowl fills my taco craving without the tortilla binge. BONUS: These bowls are PERFECT for MEAL PREP MONDAY!
I keep them in the fridge all week, and when I feel a moment of weakness coming on I grab one of these delicious bowls. Oh yeah! It doesn’t get better than that.
People have been asking about these meal prep containers (which I use every week!). They are Bento Boxes and I purchased them on Amazon a while ago. I love seeing them stacked so neatly in my fridge full of healthy food. It makes my soul happy. Here is the link if you want to get some for your meal prepping!
Now for the recipe:Print
Healthy Taco Bowls
These Healthy Taco Bowls are paleo and Whole30 approved! They are made with a flavorful cauliflower rice, and a delicious combo of lean ground beef and ground turkey.
Taco Seasoning (from AllRecipes)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 package frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, devided
- 1/2 + 1/4 teaspoon salt, devided
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 can back beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salsa or diced tomatoes
- Mix together all of the spices for the Taco Seasoning and set aside.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Carefully place the ground beef and ground turkey into the hot skillet, and break apart into small pieces using a spatula or spoon.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the taco meat is thoroughly browned.
- While the taco meat is browning, in a separate skillet add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Pour in the frozen cauliflower rice, turmeric, garlic powder, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Stir everything gradually as the cauliflower rice begins to thaw. Heat through for about 8 minutes, until the rice has completely thawed.
- When the rice is done, pour it into a bowl and set aside. Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Add the diced bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes. Toss in the black beans, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and turn off the heat.
- Now back to the meat! Add the Taco Seasoning into the large skillet of browned taco meat. Toss everything around until the spices cover most of the meat. Add 1/2 cup of water to the skillet, and cook everything for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and assemble your bowls with any garnishes you like!
Need more meal prep ideas? Check out these recipes: