I wish I could curl up in these little pillows of heaven. Gnocchi with mushrooms and artichokes is one of my favorite things. I have come to accept that I am obsessed with any kind of dumpling. They are so cute, and they make me happy. Oh! This recipe is vegetarian, a one pot meal, and a 30 minute meal. It’s almost to good to be true. Almost…
I decided to use all of my favorite things in this dish. This includes mushrooms, artichokes, garlic, beans, and tomatoes. I mean with this line up how could this NOT be good? I kind of feel like I’m am cheating because this dish is also a one pot meal! Yep. All you need is a cast iron skillet. Genius, I know.
First you toast the gnocchi in the skillet. Then remove them and roast the mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic in the same skillet. Yes. You will need your oven for this. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet make sure your skillet is oven safe. If you have never roasted tomatoes you are really missing out! BONUS: They are super good for you!
Check out this article from Well-Being Secrets to learn about the Science-Backed Health Benefits of Tomatoes.
Once the mushrooms and tomatoes are done, you just mix in the rest of the ingredients. So easy! Make sure to place an oven mitt or towel over the handle of the skillet when you take it out of the oven. You don’t want to accidentally grab it! Ouch! I haven’t done that yet, but I know it’s bound to happen at some point. I hope you enjoy this Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Artichokes.
Gnocchi with Mushrooms and Artichokes
Gnocchi with mushrooms and Artichoke makes for a quick and easy vegetarian entrée. The meaty mushrooms and artichokes make up for the lack of meat in this savory dish.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 1 package of gnocchi
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes
- 1 package of mushrooms, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4oz) jar marinated artichokes
- 2–3 cups baby kale or spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat to medium high. Toss in the gnocchi, and toast for around 5 minute until the gnocchi get plump and golden. Remove the gnocchi from the skillet.
- Throw the cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the cast iron skillet. Season with the salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes, mushrooms, and garlic around to make sure the olive oil is evenly coating them. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have burst a little.
- Once the tomatoes are done take the skillet out for the oven, and keep the oven mitt on the handle so you don’t forget it’s hot. Add the beans, artichokes, kale or spinach, and lemon juice to the skillet. Stir everything together. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.