I can’t believe Easter is this weekend! Our menu always includes a Glazed Ham, some sort of cheesy casserole, vegetables, and rolls! The ham is by far the star. My favorite part abut serving ham? The leftovers! The week after we have delicious ham sandwiches, bagels with ham, Alfredo with ham … the list goes on and on!
Glazed Ham is such a holiday treat! I love making a huge ham, and spreading it out throughout several dinner recipes. This make an easy Holiday brunch or dinner recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 1 ham*
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
*The ham can be pre-sliced or whole, but there are different instructions for each
For a whole ham:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take a sharp knife and cut a diamond pattern through the skin of the ham.
- Place the ham on a deep pan. Pour the glaze over the ham and bake for 15 minutes. Baste (with a spoon pour the hot glaze all over the ham) the ham then bake for another 15 minutes. Continue basting the ham every fifteen minutes for a total time of 1 hr and 30 min.
- Let the ham cool before slicing.
For pre-slice ham
- Cook the ham according to the directions on the package.
- Take the ham out of the oven 15 minutes before it’s finished cooking.
- Pour the glaze all over the top of the ham.
- Finish baking at the temperature the package calls for.