Easy Lemon Chicken
Easy Lemon Chicken is perfect for a busy week night meal.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 package chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make a quick marinade by mixing together the olive oil, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place the chicken in the quick marinade, and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the marinated chicken on a sheet pan or cast iron skillet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn up the oven to broil and cook an additional 5 minutes to brown the lemons. (DO NOT LEAVE THE OVEN WHILE IT’S ON BROIL. Keep a close eye on the chicken so it doesn’t burn.)
The internal temperature should be at least 165 degrees for safe eating. I highly recommend buying a meat thermometer to insure your chicken is not under or over cooked.