Easy Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Crumbles
This Easy Filet Mignon with Blue Cheese Crumbles makes a perfect special occasion dinner!
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 2 beef filets (6-8oz)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons blue cheese crumbles, divided
- An hour before cook time, take the steaks out of the fridge
- Pat them down with a paper towel until they are dry
- Rub 1/2 teaspoon of salt all over each steak
- Leave the steaks at room temperature for an hour before cooktime
- In a skillet (cast iron works perfectly) heat up 1/4 cup olive oil and 3 Tablespoons of butter over medium high
- Carefully pace the room temperature steaks into the hot skillet
- For medium rare shoot for about 5-7 minutes of searing on each side
- Top each steak with 1 Tablespoon of blue cheese crumbles
- Remove the steaks from the skillet, and cover them with aluminum foil.
- Let them rest for at least 10 minutes before serving!