Tetrazzini is a perfect leftover compilation of ingredients. You can use chicken, turkey, or vegetables. I learned to love Tetrazzini from when mom would make it from the turkey scraps from Thanksgiving. I almost looked forward to the Tetrazzini more than the Thanksgiving turkey! Almost…
This version of Tetrazzini is super easy and cheesy! I used cream of chicken and cream of cheddar cheese for the sauce mixed with a little butter and broth. I don’t have time to make a fancy bechamel (cream sauce) when I get off! I can’t really call this a 30 minute meal, because you have to cook the noodles before you bake it. It’s pretty close though!
For the sauce, combine 1 can of cream of chicken and one can of cream of cheddar with 1 1/4 cups of chicken broth, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Then pour the sauce over some freshly cooked pasta (I used fettuccine, but it doesn’t really matter what kind of noodle). Top with some leftover chicken or turkey. I also like to add some vegetables to act healthy… I used peas and carrots (I microwaved them before adding) for this Tetrazzini, but you can use any kind of vegetable. Mushrooms would be good! Nolan hates mushrooms, so I left them out…(Sad face)
Top with cheese!
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Easy Cheesy Tetrazzini
This super cheesy Tetrazzini is great for using up leftovers!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 pound of pasta*
- 1 can Cream of Chicken
- 1 can Cream of Cheddar
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 large pot
- 1 medium pot
- 1 casserole dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil some water in a large pot for the pasta, and make it according to the directions on the box. Then place the noodles in a casserole dish. Sprinkle the cooked chicken/turkey and vegetables over the noodles.
- Then in a medium pot combine the cream of chicken, cream of cheddar, chicken broth, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring this mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low once a boil is reached.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles, chicken/turkey, and vegetables. Top with a lot of cheddar cheese. Then bake for 30 minutes.
*I used Fettuccine noodles, but any kind if pasta will work