A chocolate Dirty Worm is a dessert I use to LOVE when I was little. It was a combination of chocolate pudding, Oreo crumbles, and gummy worms. As a kid, I thought this was the greatest thing ever. It was delicious, and it looked disgusting (AWESOME!). I reinvented the Dirty Worm into a chocolate cupcake. I thought it would be appropriate for the Halloween season.
My mom helped me assemble these, and she kept squealing about how gross they look! Haha! I think they are cute!
They were also super easy because I used boxed cake and ready made icing (no one needs to know).
It’s almost not a recipe because it’s so easy.
- 1 chocolate cake box mix + ingredients the box calls for
- 2 cans ready made chocolate icing
- ½ bag of Oreos, crumbled
- 1 bag gummy worms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix as instructed on the box.
- Bake as the box instructs for cupcakes.
- Let the cakes cool before applying the icing.
- Then apply icing and top with Oreo crumbles, and gummy worms!