This super easy Crockpot Chicken Chili melts in your mouth and warms up your soul during these cold winter nights. Using chicken thighs for this recipe makes all the difference. After slow cooking for several hours they fall apart and make the broth taste even richer.
Dump all of the ingredients in the Crockpot in the morning and come home to marvelous smells of ready to serve chili. I like to top my chili with cheese, sour cream, some cilantro, and a side of tortilla chips. This Crockpot Chicken Chili is a lifesaver for those busy week nights!Print
Crockpot Chicken Chili
- Yield: 4 1x
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional but make it amazing!
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1.5–2 lbs chicken thighs (1 package), remove any extra fat
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans (sub pinto or black beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire roasted tomatoes
- 4–6 cups chicken broth, depends on how thick you like your chili
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Dump all of the ingredients into a Crockpot and cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 7-8 hours. (The chicken should fall apart).
- Serve and top with whatever garnishes you like!
I like to start with 4 cups of broth. If the chili comes out too thick, I splash in more broth at the end to thin it out.
Need more Crockpot recipes? Check these out: