Creepy Finger Sandwiches
It’s almost Halloween! Yay! We are actually participating this year! The costumes are a surprise, but we are going to a Halloween party. I came up with these creepy appetizers to contribute! They are made with pimento cheese, and the finger nail is a black olive. CREEPY!
All you need to create these are a loaf of extra thin sliced bread, black olives, and pimento cheese. Now here in Nashville we have a local company called Daddy Bob’s making the best pimento cheese EVER! (I’m not getting paid to say that either!)
Now for the assembly of the creeeeepy finger sandwiches. Mwahahaha! I always think of Young Frankenstein (my favorite Halloween movie) when I try to act creepy, and then I bust out laughing. I just picture Igor and Frankenstein (make sure you say it right..) in their lab…
First, the bread! (Yes! master…)
Then the cheese! (Yes! master…)
Then cut the sandwiches and thumb print them! (Yes master…)<still Igor
AVERT YOUR EYES! (Too late…)
I know. I know. I am a nerd, but I love that movie. I am a sucker for comedies.
So I use Kalamata olive halves for the finger nails, but black olives would work too. Enjoy your creepy fingers! Mwahaha!
- 1 loaf extra thin sliced bread
- 1 container pimento cheese
- 1 jar Kalamata olive halves
- Lay out the bread, and slather of of the slices with pimento cheese.
- Place the dry slices on top of the pimento cheese slices to make little sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into four equal pieces.
- Use your thumb to make an indention at the end of each piece of bread.
- Place an olive half on the smashed part of the bread.