Happy Halloween! Yay! I came up with these creepy finger sandwiches last year for a Halloween party, and now they have become a tradition. I love how simple and somewhat healthy these creepy sandwiches are. We are excited about Halloween this year because we might actually get trick or treaters. We are making homemade pizza and passing out/eating candy all night. Enjoy this throw back post and have a spooky Halloween!
All you need to create these are a loaf of extra thin sliced bread, black olives, and pimento cheese. Now here in Nashville we have a local company called Daddy Bob’s making the best pimento cheese EVER! (I’m not getting paid to say that either!)
Now for the assembly of the creeeeepy finger sandwiches. Mwahahaha! I always think of Young Frankenstein (my favorite Halloween movie) when I try to act creepy, and then I bust out laughing. I just picture Igor and Frankenstein (make sure you say it right..) in their lab…
First, the bread! (Yes! master…)
Then the cheese! (Yes! master…)
Then cut the sandwiches and thumb print them! (Yes master…)<still Igor
AVERT YOUR EYES! (Too late…)
I know. I know. I am a nerd, but I love that movie. I am a sucker for comedies.
So I use Kalamata olive halves for the finger nails, but black olives would work too. Enjoy your creepy fingers! Mwahaha!
Creepy Finger Sandwiches
Enjoy these creepy finger sandwiches stuffed with pimento cheese!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24
- Category: Appetizer
- 1 loaf extra thin sliced bread
- 1 container pimento cheese
- 1 jar Kalamata olive halves
- Lay out the bread, and slather of of the slices with pimento cheese.
- Place the dry slices on top of the pimento cheese slices to make little sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into four equal pieces.
- Use your thumb to make an indention at the end of each piece of bread.
- Place an olive half on the smashed part of the bread.