So I am not a dessert person….. I know, I know… I am weird, but I swear I didn’t always use to be this way! When I was little and even throughout high school I use to be a sweets fanatic. I don’t know what happened, but my tastes have changed (I think it’s wines fault..). I want salty and crunchy all the time!
The exception to me not liking sweets is cheesecake and anything made with cream cheese. That’s where these tarts come into play.
These tart have a cream cheese filling with a buttery crunchy shell. They are topped with fresh berries (healthy right…). I love them, and they are super simple to make.
Buy the frozen tart shells. Bake them. Beat together cream cheese, lemon, and sugar. Fill those tart shells up, and top with fruit mixed with some sugar. Simple. Easy. Delicious.
Cream Cheese Tarts with Sweet Berries
Impress your sweetheart or guests with these Cream Cheese Tarts with Sweet Berries. This beautiful dessert looks complicated, but it’s easy to whip together. I love this for a Valentine’s Day dessert!
- Category: Dessert
- 2 cups (1 package) of strawberries (chopped), raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries (or a combo)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 package of frozen tart shells
- First, bake the tart shells according to the package. The middle of each tart might poof up while baking, but using a fork you can gently press them back down.
- While the tarts are baking, mix together the berries and 1/4 cup of white sugar. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese, powder sugar, and lemon juice together until smooth.
- When the tarts have cooled drop some of the cream cheese filling into the middle. Top each tart with some of the berries. Serve immediately so the tarts do not get soggy.