Corned Beef Hash with a Poached Egg
Corned Beef Hash is a perfect recipe to use up all of that leftover corned beef! It makes a quick dinner recipe, breakfast recipe, and brunch! A poached egg on top is a must!
- 4 cups potatoes, diced about 1” pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup onion, diced (1 medium onion)
- 2 cups bell peppers (2 peppers)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup corned beef, cubed or shredded
- Poached Eggs*
- Place the dice potatoes and 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3-5 mins or until tender. Drain the excess water from the microwaved potato dices.
- Heat up a large skillet to medium high with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Throw in the potatoes, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook 15 minutes, then flip/stir the vegetables around. Cook for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are browned.
- *Poached Egg Recipe
- ¼ cup vinegar
- -4 minutes cook time
- Fill up a skillet that has high edges (or a pot) with about 6 inches of water. Bring the water to a steady simmer (NOT a boil). Pour in the vinegar.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl or a coffee mug, and slide the egg gently into the water (Remember which egg you drop first so you can take that egg out of the water first. This way it will not be over cook. I like to pour mine in clockwise).
- Crack another egg into the small bowl and slide it into the water. Repeat this process twice. Cook each egg for 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs using a slotted spoon, and place the finished egg on some paper towels to get the extra moisture off.