As a server, I hate when a restaurant discontinues a popular item on the menu. It puts you in a terrble mood, because you know your whole shift you will be hearing these questions/statements:
“Why did they stop making this?”
“That was a mistake.”
“I’m going to call corporate about this.”
“Can I talk to your manager.”
“Are they bringing it back anytime soon?”
“That’s the only reason I came here!”
It really is exhausting hearing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over…
One of those treasured delicious items that I loved was the Chicken Caesar Pita from Chili’s. WHY?! did they take this delicious refreshing wrap away!
Luckily this is a pretty easy recipe to replicate. I would;t even call it a recipe really…it’s an assembly. The great news is it’s a fast recipe! It took me maybe 30 minutes to throw these babies together. Start by cooking some chicken, and chop it up.
I seasoned the chicken with salt and a lot of pepper. Keep it simple. Then grab some lettuce (just get a bag), Parmesan (so worth it to splurge on the real stuff, and some Caesar dressing (I like Cardini’s, and they have a lite option).
Put everything in a bowl, and pour over the dressing. Add some more Parmesan just because…
Then stuff the mixture into a flatbread! I found these whole wheat flatbread at Kroger, but Naan works really well to. If you want to be super fancy, heat some oil up in a pan and warm up the flatbread before stuffing.
Yum… It’s technically healthier than Chili’s old version too!
Copycat Chicken Caesar Pita
Copycat Chicken Caesar Pita is a fast weeknight dinner!
- 1 package of chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Naan or Pita Bread
- 1/2 bag of romaine lettuce
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Caesar dressing
- Black Pepper
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium high.
- Pour the olive oil into the hot pan.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken carefully into the hot pan. Cook for around 10-15 minutes on one side, then flip the chicken over to cook through. It should take another 10-15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the hot pan, and let cool
- Pour half a bag of chopped romaine lettuce into a large bowl along with the Parmesan cheese.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle chop it into bite size pieces, and throw it in the bowl.
- Drizzle over the Caesar dressing and toss to combine.
- To prepare the pitas, either warm on the stove top in a pan, or microwave them for a few seconds. Stuff the flat bread with the chicken Caesar salad, and garnish with as much Parmesan and pepper as you desire!