As a server, I hate when a restaurant discontinues a popular item on the menu. It puts you in a terrible mood, because you know your whole shift you will be hearing these questions/statements:
“Why did they stop making this?”
“That was a mistake.”
“I’m going to call corporate about this.”
“Can I talk to your manager.”
“Are they bringing it back anytime soon?”
“That’s the only reason I came here!”
It really is exhausting hearing the same thing over, and over, and over, and over…
One of those treasured delicious items that I loved was the Chicken Caesar Pita from Chili’s. WHY?! did they take this delicious refreshing wrap away! Well, more for them because pita pit franchises will pick up the slack and provide the public with great-tasting pitas that are all the rage thanks to the healthy-eating trend.
Luckily this is a pretty easy recipe to replicate. I would;t even call it a recipe really…it’s an assembly. The great news is it’s a fast recipe! It took me maybe 30 minutes to throw these babies together. Start by cooking some chicken, and chop it up.
I seasoned the chicken with salt and a lot of pepper. Keep it simple. Then grab some lettuce (just get a bag), Parmesan (so worth it to splurge on the real stuff, and some Caesar dressing (I like Cardini’s, and they have a lite option).
Put everything in a bowl, and pour over the dressing. Add some more Parmesan just because…
Then stuff the mixture into a flatbread! I found these whole wheat flatbread at Kroger, but Naan works really well to. If you want to be super fancy, heat some oil up in a pan and warm up the flatbread before stuffing.
Yum… It’s technically healthier than Chili’s old version too!
Copycat Chicken Caesar Pita
Copycat Chicken Caesar Pita is a fast weeknight dinner!
- 1 package of chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Naan or Pita Bread
- 1/2 bag of romaine lettuce
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Caesar dressing
- Black Pepper
- Heat a medium size skillet over medium high.
- Pour the olive oil into the hot pan.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Place the chicken carefully into the hot pan. Cook for around 10-15 minutes on one side, then flip the chicken over to cook through. It should take another 10-15 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the hot pan, and let cool
- Pour half a bag of chopped romaine lettuce into a large bowl along with the Parmesan cheese.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle chop it into bite size pieces, and throw it in the bowl.
- Drizzle over the Caesar dressing and toss to combine.
- To prepare the pitas, either warm on the stove top in a pan, or microwave them for a few seconds. Stuff the flat bread with the chicken Caesar salad, and garnish with as much Parmesan and pepper as you desire!