This meatloaf is a classic comfort food.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled crackers, reserve 1/2 cup for rolling
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT 1/2 cup of cracker crumbs and water.
- Form the mixture into a ball. Then roll into reserved 1/2 cup of crumbled crackers.
- Place the meatloaf ball into a medium size casserole dish. Pat the ball into an even loaf shape.
- Pour 3/4 cups of water around the meatloaf, then bake for 90 minutes
We use lean ground beef to cut back on the fat. Ritz crackers work best. Leave the meatloaf in it’s cooking juices when serving to keep moist.