Christmas Drop Biscuits are a great holiday appetizer! I love the red from the pimentos and the green from the green onion. These are so cute! I usually have ham around, so why not make a little ham and biscuit goodness.
For a great ham recipe check out my Glazed Ham. I love the holidays (mostly because of ham). These biscuits are super easy to throw together. Start by draining some pimentos, and pat them dry. Then chop up some green onions.
Christmas colors! Then mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Mush the cold butter into the dry ingredients using your fingers. Then mix in the cheese, pimentos, and green onions. Check out this video on how to make biscuits!
Since these are drop biscuits, you can skip the rolling pin and the mess. Just drop 1/4 cup of dough on a baking sheet.
Then bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, or until the biscuits are browned.
One more look!
Y’all enjoy these cheesy Christmas Drop Biscuits!
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons cold, unsalted butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 jar pimentos, drained and pat dry
- 1 Tablespoon green onion
- Preheat oven to 450. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into a large mixing bowl. Cut butter into pats and add to flour, then cut until the mixture resembles rough crumbs. Add the cheddar cheese. Add buttermilk, pimentos, and green onion. Stir until it forms a rough ball.
- Drop ¼ cup of dough on a cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, approximately 10 to 15 minutes.