Skip to Recipe|Print Recipe
It’s Tuesday! That means I have an excuse to eat tacos! I love Mexican food to the point it might be a problem… I think I eat a cheese quesadilla almost everyday. I also have a weakness for chips and salsa (which has been my dinner some nights). Back to these easy saucy chicken tacos…
Can you believe these chicken tacos only have three ingredients! I was super lazy today (it is my day off), and I really didn’t feel like cooking.
I threw some chicken, enchilada sauce, and salsa in a large skillet. Then brought the mixture to a boil, and reduced it to a simmer for 10 minute. That’s right! TEN MINUTES! Super fast!
This makes the perfect “I don’t want to cook today” dinner! And yes… That is a quesadilla in the corner. I have a serious quesadilla problem.
This super fast chicken taco dinner is great for those night you don’t feel like cooking!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- 1 package chicken breast
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup jarred or fresh salsa
- In a large skillet with a lid, place the chicken in an even layer.
- Pour the enchilada sauce and salsa over the chicken.
- Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid.
- Check the chicken after ten minutes to see if it is cooked through. If you have thick chicken breast it could take a 3-5 more minutes. Be careful not to over cook the chicken (it will get tough).
- Once cooked through remove the chicken and shred (or chop) it. Then add back into the sauce to keep moist.
You could use green enchilada sauce and salsa verde for a green chile chicken filling. Use this chicken for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, chimichangas…the options are endless!