Black Eyed Pea and Wild Rice Soup
This soup take is a fast and easy recipe, and it’s vegan!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8
- Category: Dinner
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups broth*
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Then add the rice, and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the tomato paste, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed into the rice.
- Add the broth, vegetables, and black eyed peas to the pot, and turn the heat up to bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pot with a lid. Let simmer for 20-30 minutes.
*for a vegan recipe use vegetable broth, otherwise chicken or beef broth works well too