It’s almost Cinco De Mayo! Yet another reason to eat my weight in tacos… Today I made BBQ Tacos out of some leftover Crockpot Lighter Pulled Pork (also delicious).
However, I didn’t just dump BBQ sauce all over my tacos and call it a day…I went above and beyond to turn these leftovers into something new and exciting! I added pickled red cabbage…this ingredient will change your life.
No really…it adds crunch, tangyness, and cuts through the fattiness of the pork. It creates the perfect balance of flavors. It only takes about 15-30 minutes to make, and you will be rewarded for your patience!
BBQ Tacos are a great leftover taco recipe. I add tangy pickled cabbage and jalapeños to give a spicy twist to this dinner recipe.
- 1 head of cabbage, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pickled jalepenos
- Corn Tortillas
- Leftover Pulled Pork
- BBQ Sauce
Start by pickling the cabbage:
- Slice the red cabbage thin and toss it along with the oil, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Let it marinate for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Warm up the tortillas and leftover BBQ, and make your tacos!
- Garnish with the jalapenos and BBQ Sauce.