Is there anything better than a good Cheeseburger? This Basic Burger Recipe is all you need for the perfect burger. My motto for cooking burgers: “Keep it simple!”. All you need is ground chuck (which is 80/20 ground beef), salt and pepper.
Yep! That is it!
Never buy those pre-patty burgers again! In order to have a well seasoned burger you have to mix the salt and pepper throughout all of the beef.Print
Basic Burger Recipe
Having a Basic Burger Recipe is a must for any cook. The key is good chuck, and seasonings. Burger are an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef, 80/20
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Mix together the beef, salt, and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet (or grill) over medium high
- Divide the ground beef mixture into four sections
- Pat out each quarter into a thin patty
- Make an indention with your thumb into the center of each patty (this will keep the burger from ballooning up in the center).
- Place each patty on the hot skillet, and cook each side for 3-5 minutes (depending on how rare or well you like your meat).
- Top each hot patty with cheese of your choice.
I always serve Zesty Oven Fries with my burgers:
Or to be a little healthy I love these Zesty Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries:
Or if I am feeling extra indulgent I make my 30 Minute Skillet Mac and Cheese:
Need a vegetable? Nolan’s favorite is Broccoli Salad: