This quick balsamic marinade adds so much flavor to baked chicken. I make this during the week when I do not feel like doing anything fancy. Make a big batch of this chicken, and put it in other recipes. It saves so much time!
Yum. This balsamic chicken is sweet, salty, tangy and savory. It has perfectly balanced flavor. The best part is this marinade has simple ingredients! It’s made of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Nothing fancy here!
This is a quick and easy marinade for any chicken dinner.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- 1 package of chicken
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large Ziploc bag
- 1 large bowl
- 1 sheet pan, for baking
- Place the large Ziploc bag in the large bowl. Place raw chicken inside the Ziploc bag.
- Add all of the ingredients listed (oil, vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper).
- Close the Ziploc bag and shake/mash the marinade all over the chicken. Once the chicken is smothered with the marinade, put it back in the large bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the marinated chicken on a baking sheet, and bake for around 25- 30 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked through before eating.
If you have any rosemary or dried oregano on hand add that to the marinade too. It’s amazing!